After much prayer and discussion, we have decided to open our weekend recording of services in the sanctuary to the public. We are going to begin with two services on the 4th of July weekend: Saturday, July 4 at 5:00pm and Sunday, July 5 at 10:00am.
We realize there will continue to be a wide range of emotions and opinions about gathering in-person again. Some people may not want to gather in-person at this time. Others have been ready to gather in-person for several weeks. Therefore, we will need to extend much grace to one another through this process. For those who are unable to attend, both services will be streamed live on Facebook and on our website.
We will also continue to provide Sunday evening outdoor services. Please note, we are CHANGING THE TIME to 6:00 PM to provide more shade beginning this Sunday, July 5th.
WHAT ABOUT MASKS?
That is a great question. For indoor services, the CDC currently recommends wearing masks, but masks will not be required, as the law does not mandate them. We understand there are many opinions about wearing masks. There will undoubtedly be people with and without masks at these services, so please extend grace to one another.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE WE TAKING?
We have taken the following precautions as we prepare to reopen the building on weekends.
- Social distancing procedures with the exception of families sitting together
- All public areas will be sanitized thoroughly before each service
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations
- No handshaking, hugs or high-fives
- No passing of offering bags
- No self-serve coffee/drink stations
- The doors will be propped open so you do not need to touch them
- Fire exits will be opened at the end of services to help create improved traffic flow out of the sanctuary
- No group or social gathering in the lobby, please!
WHAT ABOUT STUDENT AND KIDS PROGRAMMING?
Families will worship together at the beginning of the service, then kids in grades 1-6 will be able to join our Kids Next Door team for a time of fun and Bible teaching. Social distancing will be kept and any supplies will be sanitized and safely distributed.
For students above grade 6, Grounded Student Ministries has already begun meeting together and will continue to do so.
- Wednesday- High School (9th-12th grade)- 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Thursday- Jr. High (7th-8th grade)- 6:30pm-8:00pm
We look forward to worshiping together with you. Whether you are in the building or online, we are sharing the hope of Jesus, and we will continue to do so as we slowly begin to invite people to the sanctuary.
There are many opinions and news sources influencing our world. We appreciate your prayers and participation. In Acts 20:28 Paul challenges the leaders of the church to “Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.” In that same chapter Paul says, “I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house.” Paul makes that statement because he was emphasizing he could have backed off because of the opposition and challenges he faced. I am encouraged that we have continued as a church during this challenging season.
- We will continue to be live online at the churchnextdoor.org and on Facebook Live Saturday at 5:00PM and Sunday at 10:00 AM.
- Guests will be welcome in the building for worship and live broadcasts (See Precautions)
- Kid’s Ministry – Saturday at 5:00 PM and Sunday at 10:00 AM (See Kid’s Info)
- Youth Group is meeting – check their schedule above
- Sunday Evening Outdoors – Moving to 6:00 PM July 5 (Not Broadcast)
- Growing Closer to God with Pastor Doyle on NBC4 Sundays at Noon
- Small Groups are meeting in person and on Zoom. Check individual schedules for details
Thank you for your continued prayer and support as we walk this journey together!